Stay safe and healthy, travelers
Tips for Safe and Healthy Travel
COVID-19 has spread rapidly over the last couple of weeks, touching every continent excluding Antarctica. This has left many people to question if it is safe to travel or if they should cancel their trips and opt to stay home.
As with many things in life, there is not a simple answer to this question. Before booking your next international flight, be sure to go on the U.S. State Department’s travel information section for travel advisories and review the following recommendations:
- Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit our Embassy webpages for information on CIVID-19 conditions in each country or jurisdiction.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S
The CDC has also shared a helpful video on travel advice during the COVID-19 outbreak. Stay safe and healthy, travelers!