Technology has surfaced as a key focus for FedRooms partner hotel brands in 2020
New Emphasis on Technology in COVID-19 Era
Contactless service has become a necessity for hotels to better serve guests and provide as clean and safe of an environment as possible for those traveling.
In light of these new priorities, technology has surfaced as a key focus for FedRooms partner hotel brands in 2020. A few of these innovative new products include:
- Voice activated AI-based devices to control high touch areas of the room, including light switches, remote controls and thermostats
- Digital room keys accessed via a hotel brand’s mobile app
- Contactless check-in technology
- Quick Response (QR) codes for in-room menus and room service
- Electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to quickly kill airborne pathogens
- Robotic staff members to reduce person-to-person contact
- Thermal-camera integration for distanced temperature taking abilities
While born out of necessity to keep travelers safe, many of these technological advancements will continue to advance the guest experience at hotels for years to come. Be sure to look out for some of these new enhancements in your next stay at a FedRooms property. All of our partner hoteliers are moving in the direction of contactless service at a brand-wide level.
Check out this Travel Pulse article for more specific details on which companies are leading the charge toward a safer, healthier and more technologically savvy future for the hotel sector.