A few trends that will dominate the travel space this year
The Future of Travel: 2020 and Beyond
2020 marks the start of a new decade.
The travel industry changed a great deal during the last 10 years, with the rise of social media, increased focus on sustainability and a surge in the “sharing economy” (such as ridesharing and homesharing) transforming how, where and why people travel.
According to an article by Bloomberg, below are a few main trends that will dominate the travel space this year and in the future:
1. Enjoy Zero-Footprint Travel: Expect the travel industry to continue focusing on minimizing travelers’ carbon footprint, setting goals to offset emissions and reducing the production of single-use plastics.
2. Gardens are the Hot New Hotel Amenity: Reconnect with nature at hotel properties who focus on maintaining a healthy amount of green space and beautiful gardens to attract travelers.
3. Your Vacation will Start Before You Leave Home: Extending the hotel experience beyond the limits of the property, certain brands are offering a “pre-arrival experience” to pick travelers up and drop them off at home.
4. Hotel Clubs are Cool Again: Hotels will continue to emphasize an authentic vibe to allow both locals and travelers to feel at home within their space. Some properties are offering additional exclusive spaces to members only.
5. Spas will Become Extremely High Tech: For those looking to wind down at the spa, certain hotel properties have started offering virtual reality headsets to simulate zen experiences, focusing on mediation by involving all five senses.
We look forward to continuing to offer FedRooms rates at high quality properties this year, where you might have the opportunity to experience one of the new trends listed above.