Stay safe and enjoy the season, however it might look this year
Tips for 2020 Holiday Travel
The holiday season is here. For many people around the globe, this means time off of work and spending time with family and friends both near and far.
- Before traveling, be sure to check out the CDC’s tracker to see each state’s case numbers for the last seven days. This will equip travelers with data to make an informed decision before hitting the road.
- For those who are flying, keep your mask on and socially distance as much as possible. This includes travel to and from the airport, waiting in the airport and while boarding and exiting the plane.
- When using public transportation such as a train, bus or airplane, remember to disinfect all surfaces around your seat and avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Keep discussions with others to a minimum. According to Virginia Tech Engineer, Lindsey Marr, “When you talk, you can emit 10 times the droplets and aerosols that you do when you're quiet.”
- Plan ahead, and make sure you know all of the current rules and regulations in place for your trip. If you are staying at a hotel, check out your preferred brand’s website and check-in information to make sure you are up to date with what to expect throughout your stay.
Stay safe and enjoy the season, however it might look this year.