The American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) develops the Safe Stay Checklist
AHLA Releases Top 5 Requirements to Travel Safely
The American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) developed the Safe Stay Initiative earlier this year, introducing a comprehensive set of enhanced industry-wide hotel cleaning standards to ensure greater transparency and confidence throughout the hotel experience for travelers across all properties.
As a part of the Safe Stay program, the AHLA released the Safe Stay Guest Checklist late this summer for travelers to use as a guide on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide.
The checklist includes:
- Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins, and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Adhering to these guidelines will be key to staying safe while on the road.